Lee Sheaffer is a Certified Business Intermediary, Certified Value Builder, a licensed Real Estate Broker and graduate from the proverbial school of hard knocks. Her passion is helping fellow entrepreneurs succeed in buying, building, and selling their businesses, all the while helping them avoid painful and costly mistakes. She is known as a creative problem solver who makes complex issues easily understood.
Lee has spent more than 30 years working in, for, and with businesses as an employee, manager, owner and consultant. After spending many years as a self-employed business owner, she began consulting with a variety of businesses.
From real estate management and development to providing CFO consulting services to owning a restaurant and accounting firm, Lee has extensive experience in maximizing a business’ potential, including:
- Assisting owners with understanding financial reports to make more informed decisions
- Recasting financials to measure a Seller’s Discretionary Earnings
- Providing Broker’s Opinion of Value and listing/marketing packages
- Preparing businesses for sale prior to listing
- Supporting a Buyer’s due diligence
Lee founded BizReady, Inc., a California business brokerage firm, in order to help business owners prepare themselves and their businesses for a successful sale. BizReady, Inc. focuses on growing its clients’ businesses through education about value drivers that are statistically proven to make a business more valuable. Owning a valuable, smooth-running business is ideal, and owners in such a position will be ready and able to sell successfully when the time is right.
After years of building her business, Lee Sheaffer earned a CBI Designation to better serve her clients. CBI, Certified Business Intermediary, is a credential granted by the International Business Brokers Association to “individuals who complete required course work, pass an extensive competency exam, and agree to uphold IBBA’s Professional Standards and Code of Ethics”.
Lee has a practical, working knowledge about a wide range of small business functions. She has spent more than 30 years working in, for and with small businesses as employee, manager, owner and consultant. In 1997, after 15 years as a self-employed business owner, she began consulting with small businesses. Her focus was to help them establish business processes created efficiencies, saved time and increased value and profit. She applies those same skills helping business owners get the best value for their business.
- Broker’s Estimate of Value
- Due diligence preparation
- Value enhancement consulting
- Strategic business planning
- Accounting expertise, including QuickBooks
Education and Training
- International Business Brokers Association
- California Association of Realtors
- California Association of Business Brokers
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Saratoga University (pre-law courses)
- Monterey Peninsula College
- Makes complex issues easily understood
- Provides invaluable insight and help from her years of hands-on experience
- A creative and patient problem-solver
- I can count on Lee to be fair and objective
- Produces results!
- Lee knows how to dig out the facts that are often not clear in a company’s financial information
If you’re thinking about buying, growing or selling your business, we look forward to talking with you.
Contact Lee today: 510.384.1046 • firstname.lastname@example.org