Robert J. Heger, Ed.D.
Bob Heger founded BizReady Brokers (now BizReady, Inc.) in 2005
Bob has more than 40 years of comprehensive business experience across a range of industries. He has experience in hospitality, as a real estate broker and has been involved in motel and shopping-center ownership. Bob also designed/developed single-family residences and high-end condominium complexes. As a certified business broker, Bob’s most important role is that of intermediary between buyers and sellers; he also acts as facilitator between third parties, including landlords, leasing agents, governmental agencies (local and state), finance sources and escrow companies.
Why do you need a business broker?
Bob saves buyers and sellers time, money and stress. “Whether you’re buying or selling your business, it’s a time-consuming, stressful process. It requires a significant amount of research, trying to figure out the economics of not just buying a business, but making sure you’re well enough capitalized to keep it running. There are government and regulatory agencies to be dealing with. Finding the right building and negotiating a lease. And then come remodeling and inspections. All of this while you’re still dealing with the day-to-day responsibilities and pressures of your current job and family life. It’s very difficult to find the time to give the business of buying or selling your business the attention it deserves. The stakes are high and it’s easy to make mistakes that can cost you money and significantly delay the process.”
- Negotiating buy/sell agreements to clients’ satisfaction
- Intermediary role for buyers/sellers, partnership dissolutions, third parties
- Interacting with governmental agencies
Education and Training
- Doctorate – University of Idaho
- BA, MA – San Francisco State University
- Certified Business Broker – California Association of Business Brokers
- Business Management Training – International Council of Shopping Centers; International Business Brokers Association
- Real ability to hear someone and reflect back exactly what was said
- Professional problem solver; meets clients’ goals
- Thoughtful, professional, very savvy, knows his stuff
- Great at making you feel comfortable; a friendly and caring professional
Contact Bob today: 510.384.1043 • email@example.com